Tuesday, March 23, 2010

goodness


I was really affected by something I read this morning and wanted to share it. This is from Knowing God by J.I. Packer...
"Count your blessings. Learn not to take natural benefits, endowments and pleasures for granted; learn to thank God for them all. Do not slight the Bible, or the gospel of Jesus Christ, by an attitude of casualness toward either. The Bible shows you a Savior who suffered and died in order that we sinners might be reconciled to God; Calvary is the measure of the goodness of God; lay it to heart. Ask yourself the psalmist's question-'How can I repay the LORD for all his goodness to me?' Seek grace to give his answer-'I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the Lord...O LORD, truly I am your servant;...I will fulfill my vows to the LORD' (Psalm 116: 12-18)."
"God controls all that happens in his world, every meal, every pleasure, every posession, every bit of sun, every night's sleep, every moment of health and saftey, everything else that sustains and enriches life, is a divine gift...But the mercies of God on the natural level, however abundant, are overshadowed by the greater mercies of spiritual redemption."
I OFTEN forget to thank God for the gift of my salvation, but how much more often do I forget to thank him for all of my natural blessings as well?!! My prayer is that I would have a heart of gratitude instead of a bad attitude!!!!!:)

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Wow! "A heart of gratitude instead of a bad attitude." Thanks for sharing this. I needed this reminder today and many others days! =)