So, this post is dedicated to my family's poundcake. I have to say it is delicious...I can say that because I didn't invent it...I was just born into this family that happened to have a wonderful poundcake recipe. I'm not sure where it started, but I know my grandmother made it, and my best memories are of growing up when my mom would make it...either the plain or the chocolate...I never cared...they are equally delicious.
Several years ago, Meredith started to make "the poundcake" (I think Jennifer even makes it, too). At first it seemed kind of weird that someone other than my mom was making our family's famous cake, but I guess that is how you pass recipes down, right?
Well, a couple of weeks ago, I decided it was my turn. I don't own a poundcake pan, so I had to borrow Meredith's. She brought it over. I asked her a few questions. I felt ready. Before she left, I asked her if she would grease the pan for me because that was the only part I was unsure of.
She said that it was easy and I could handle it, so I ended up doing my own greasing...
I am convinced she sabotaged my cake on purpose because she didn't want me getting in on her poundcake action ;)....with that said...my cake fell apart. I tried to dump it out of the pan, and half of it fell on the plate and the other half stayed comfortably in the pan. Could this be right? Could I really have just screwed up my own family's recipe...yes!
So, I decided it was time to try again. This time I was armed with my own pan (thanks to my mom!!!!:), and a little more experience. As you can tell in the last picture, I had to do a little bit of piecing back together, but it was not near as bad this time. Tastewise, it seems to be lacking a little, but I think I'm on the right track!!! Next...chocolate!!!:)



1 comment:
Just so you know, I have been making "the poundcake" since Jason and I were married and so yes, I have made them (many times =) before! And you just need to make sure that you see the flour on every part of the pan (after you grease it)...if you do that, it should not stick and should come out of the pan all in ONE piece! =) Ha. But anyway, I did not know you had never made one before!!! That's family blasphemy! =O Ha.
Post a Comment