
Can you believe it? I am actually updating my blog!!!! I plan on staying on top of this mainly because I want a place to share what God is showing me. I don't have a lot of time right now, but I wanted to go ahead and get a post up, so you really would believe that I am back!!:)
I made the picture up top my header because that is what I looked like last night!! I spent several hours lysoling and disinfecting every inch of this place. For the past 2 weeks, we have had a stomach bug going through our house, and I must say I did not handle it well at times. At first, I saw it as an opportunity to serve my family and tried to see what God wanted to teach me through it, but by the time Matt got it (Sat.), I was frustrated and too pouty to even stop and think that God might be trying to teach me something!!! Fortunately, I have a husband who points me in the right direction when I am in meltdown mode. I cannot thank God for that enough. Matt is a constant source of encouragement to me, and I am always amazed at his strength and wisdom...I mean that from the bottom of my heart!!!:) So, it was Matt, last night, who read something to me that changed my perspective. It was this quote from J.C. Ryle...
Sickness helps to remind men of death. Most live as if they were never going to die. They follow business, or pleasure, or politics, or science, as if earth was their eternal home. They plan and scheme for the future, like the rich fool in the parable, as if they had a long lease of life, and were not, tenants at will. A heavy illness sometimes goes far to dispel these delusions. It awakens men from their day-dreams, and reminds them they have to die as well as to live. Now this I say emphatically is a mighty good.
Now you might be thinking this is a little heavy for a stomach bug, but for me it was exactly what I needed to hear!!!! I am so thankful to be a part of a kingdom that is much greater than this earth...to be headed to a place where there will be NO stomach bugs...and that's just the sprinkle...on the icing...on the cake...the cake is that I am going to be spending eternity with my Savior!!!!! In light of that, who cares about a little stomach bug!!!!??:)
3 comments:
Erin, I loved this! Keep it up!
Awesome post. Just what I needed this morning. And yaay gor going public.
What a wonderful entry, thanks for sharing it with us! Molly sent me your link (since we are going through sickness hell) and it's exactly the reminder I needed! Thanks ;)
Post a Comment