A peek into the lives of my family and how we experience God's daily kindnesses.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Matt's Sprint Triathlon
Matt completed his first triathlon on Saturday!!! Woo-hoo for Matt!!:) I keep calling it a triathlon and Matt keeps telling me it isn't a triathlon, it's a SPRINT triathlon, which is a shorter version...sprint schmint...a triathlon's a triathlon!!:) It is a 750 meter swim, an 11 mile bike ride, and a 5k all in one!!:) WOW!!:) The swim was in Lake Hartwell and it was a long way...I had to hold my nose just thinking about it!!:) I am very proud of Matt...he did a GREAT job. He finished #231 out of 337, and these were some big time athletes...these people weren't playin'!!:) His swim time was 19:49, his bike ride was 39:36, and his run was 21:57. His overall time was 1:25:49 (4:29 of that is his transition time)!! The fastest time was 57 minutes...wow!!! I am looking forward to going to more of these with Matt and I know he is looking forward to doing more now that he knows what to expect!!:)
My name is Erin, and my passion is God and my family. I LOVE being a wife and mother...my greatest desire is to serve Matt and my girls in a way that glorifies God. I don't always succeed and I am sure that will be evident in the posts on this blog. I am truly thankful for my salvation. It amazes me that the God of the universe called me to a relationship with Him and lavishes His grace and mercy on me daily. That is beyond comprehension!!!:) My salvation is gift enough, but He continues to bless me through my husband and children. Matt is the most wonderful husband and father I could ever imagine!! Marlee and Gretta are HUGE blessings to us and we are so grateful God placed them in our care. I love them so much!! What a GREAT God!!:)
3 comments:
way to go Matt!
Erin, that picture of Matt running makes me laugh! It doesn't look like him.:)
Meredith, I was thinking the same thing! =O
Post a Comment