Thursday, May 14, 2009

What's going on with us...

It has been QUITE a while since I updated my blog, so I thought I would let everyone know what's been going on. Hopefully, I will get a "real" post up very soon, so please hang in there!!:) Here's what's been happening with the Dragos...

1. Matt has been training to run in his first sprint triathlon, which is coming up this Saturday. He has been swimming, biking, and running to get ready for the big day. We are very excited and anxious to see how he will do...I'll keep you posted!!:)

2. Gretta's first birthday is coming up next Tuesday, May 19!! I am doing a playdate/party for her on Monday and have been doing a lot to get ready for that...stay tuned for pictures!!:)

3. I completed the AnMed track in 26:54 the other night (that is 3 miles for those of you not familiar with the AnMed track)!!! I was VERY excited because I have been running inside since last fall and didn't know how well I would do on the track. I shaved 3 minutes off of my time...woo-hoo!!:) I really enjoy running and I hope I can keep improving my time!!:) Our next 5k is on June 20 in Greenville, SC.

4. God has really been teaching me a lot about patience and compassion. I am so thankful God's love is not contingent on our actions...what a great God we serve!!:)

5. Marlee and Gretta are doing great. Gretta is really growing and eats everything in site!! She eats so much better than Marlee did, and I am SOOOO thankful for that!! Marlee makes me laugh all of the time!!:) The other day she asked me to turn her Elmo stuffed animal on, but it doesn't turn on, so I told her that her Elmo couldn't talk. She said, "Is he dead, Mommie?"...I thought I misunderstood her, so I asked her what she said and she said, "Is he dead, Mommie?" I have NO idea where she got that from, but it made me laugh. I love my girls!!:)

Ok, everyone...please stay tuned because there's a lot going on, and I hope to do some more posts very soon!!:)

1 comment:

Molly Flanagan said...

so funny that marlee said that. oh, and by the way, her saying, "it's NOT FAIR!" is from sid the science kid. cogan has started saying it too.