Friday, May 29, 2009

Old McMarlee Had a Farm...

A few weeks ago, I was able to tag along with some friends from church who were going to spend the day at another friend's farm. It was soooooo much fun!!:) I can't explain how excited I was that Marlee got to ride a pony, feed a goat, and pet a baby chick (she wouldn't hold it). I was so sure she would NEVER ride a pony because she is going through this "I'm afraid of everything but Mommie and Daddy" phase, but boy did she surprise me. She got right up on the pony and rode it around a large field, and I wasn't anywhere near her. I was so proud of her...I cannot even put into words how excited I was for her. She must have left her confidence on the saddle, though, because she was NOT into the baby goats and the chickens. As long as I was nearby, she was ok, but she would not feed the goats by herself. I got some very good advice that day about how to handle Marlee's fear at such a young age, so that was exciting, too!!:) Now we say over and over and over, "God says, 'BE NOT AFRAID!!'" whenever she gets scared, which is pretty regularly. The day at the farm was sooo good for us!!:)


Hadley swingin'
Marlee taking it all in when we first got there

Hadley and Marlee singing "My God is SO BIG!!" She LOVES that song now...it is so cute to hear her sing it!!:)

This is what she does when there is a loud noise...I'm sure hysterical crying was not far behind :)

Ride 'em cowgirl!!:)

that's my girlie :)

feeding the goats :)

This is Hadley milking the mama goat :)
I totally stole this idea, but aren't sprinkles a great way to liven up a boring ole' PB sandwich!?!:)

Yes, Gretta was there, too!!:)

2 comments:

The Severances said...

Looks like a great time! Your pictures are GREAT!

Molly Flanagan said...

love these pictures! looks like they really had fun. and great idea with the sprinkles. did marlee try to pick them off?