Friday, November 21, 2008

More Fun at the Zoo

Yesterday, Melissa, Molly and I took the kids to the Greenville Zoo. I don't think there is a 2-year-old alive who would get sick of going to hang out with the animals at the zoo. We had a lot of fun...thanks for lunch/baby-sitting Melissa!!:) Make sure you read the picture captions for a funny story...thanks for that Molly and Cogan!!:)

This was the best of about 20 tries at a picture of the 3 of them...Marlee, Addiysn, and Cogan

Marlee looking at the leopard...I thought she was sitting funny

Can we say Lily Tomlin and "Laugh In"!!:)

I LOVE this picture!!:) Melissa and Addisyn looked so cute in their matching puffer vests!!:)

This begins the funny story...Marlee and Cogan stopped to look at these giant turtles after playing on the playground, and before we even knew what happened...

Cogan chunked his sippy cup right at the turtle's face!!! WOW, Cogan...you're brave...can we say Cogan the Crocodile Hunter?:) Notice it is right beside the turtle's dinosaur-like foot!!:)

This is what the turtle did with his head!! I had never seen a turtle retreat like that before!!:) I also had never heard a turtle hiss before, but that's what it did when Molly reached down (quite bravely, I might add) to get Cogan's cup!! It really made this scary hissing sound...I don't think I will ever look at turtles the same again. Neither will Marlee...she keeps saying, "Turtles scary, mommie!!" Just one more thing added to Marlee's "scary" list!!:)

This was Cogan after "the incident":)

Melissa and Molly

Thanks for a great day, y'all!!:)

2 comments:

Molly Flanagan said...

erin - those are so funny! thanks for posting them. i think you got a good shot of the 3 of them. and i really like the one of marlee in the laugh in chair!

Anonymous said...

These photos were great!! and I love the captions it is like being there. Marlee is right! a hissing turtle is a scary thing!!