Saturday, March 7, 2009

32nd Annual Reedy River Run

Today we participated in the biggest 5k we have done thus far. It was the 32nd Annual Carolina First Reedy River Run in dowtown Greenville and 5000 people participated. This time around, I was on a mission...to beat myself!! This was the 4th 5k I have done, and I was determined to have a better time than the previous three. You see...each 5k, starting with the Spinx Runfest back in October, my time has gotten worse...that's right...I have been digressing, not progressing!!:) So today, I was out to redeem myself!!:) I am semi-pleased with the outcome. My best 5k time so far was at the Spinx Runfest where I ran it in 28:45, and in my age group I was #22 out of 87 people (241 out of 653 total runners). Today my time was 28:46 and I was 214th out of 1263 women. That also put me #30 in my age group of 176 people. I would really like to shave 3 minutes off of my time, but at this rate, it's not looking too good. In the mean time, I really ENJOY running and look forward to lots more 5ks...with friends!!:)

I am at the far right of this picture

far right again

When I came around the corner and saw the finish line, I started to sprint because I wanted to make it in as fast as I possibly could. I think that last 1/10 of a mile was the fastest I have ever run in my entire life. You can see my eyes looking up at the clock.

still looking at the clock

Matt came in at 20:50 and was 49th out of 842 guys. I am very proud of him!!:)

I THINK you can see Meredith in the back of this picture on the right with green shorts and a black shirt on...you tell me...is that Meredith?

In the white t-shirt on the left is our friend, Nathan. He ran the 10k in under an hour...woo-hoo!!:) Our friend, Pam (Nathan's wife), ran the 5k, too, but I could not find her picture on the Greenville News website. That really stinks!!:)

Our friend, Dave...#639. Melissa (Dave's wife) would have run (and smoked us all), but she is pregnant with Cooper #2...woo-hoo!!:)

Dave's brother, Steve, #645

Our friend, Jacob, in the blue shorts on the right

Dave's brother, Rob, in the white t-shirt with the headphones on

This is what the starting line looks like...5000 people...I have to say that I think everyone's time would have been faster if it wasn't so hard to get around people in the beginning. It was pretty tight!!:)

We "REEDY" had a lot of fun today and can't wait until next year!!:)

7 comments:

grims said...

These are great! Thanks for posting! I can't wait until I can get back into it. I am going to be hitting it FULL FORCE!!! =O Ha. Anyway, who took all the pics?

Anonymous said...

Very cool action shots. Makes me want to start running. Well, almost! By the way, I cannot wait to try the cucumber sandwiches.
Kelli

Molly Flanagan said...

cool!

Dave and Melissa said...

For the record, I did beat that older lady that is slightly ahead of me in the picture (not by much though - I did run a slow race).

-Dave

young2 said...

You go girl! I was expecting a shot of you tumbling after looking at the clock for so long! :)
Tosha

Catching Up With The Cunninghams said...

I am very proud of you and Matt!!! I missed running this time:(

amyop said...

I am so jealous! I am so ready to run again! We will have to do a race together! I LOVE the pics of you! They are so real and fun! Hope you are doing well! Miss you guys.