This blog entry is all about my blender and how WONDERFUL I think it is. Not just my blender, but blenders in general...what a FANTASTIC invention!!:) M and I have an Oster blender that we registered for when we got married. I shouldn't say this, but I can't remember who got it for us, but I AM SO GLAD THEY DID!!!:) It still works great 5 1/2 years later, although it is getting a little sluggish...hang in there, buddy!!:) I just realized that I have been using my blender A LOT lately, so I wanted to share my excitement with you. There are 3 things I use my blender for...I have described each of them below:1. Orange Julius-The Orange Julius is something we have been making in our family since I can remember. My mom, dad, and grandmother always made them for us growing up, and now it has become a staple in the Drago household. Whenever we have movie night, you better believe there will be popcorn (from the Whirly Pop...thanks Granna) and an Orange Julius. It is EASY to make and delicious. Here's the recipe:
1 small container of frozen orange juice (from concentrate)
1 cup milk
1 cup water
1/2 cup of sugar
ICE (fill the blender)
*Combine all ingredients in blender and BLEND...the result is DELICIOUS!!:)
2. BABY FOOD- The second thing I use my blender for is making baby food. I LOVE making baby food. I never really had the desire to make it for Marlee, but I decided early on that I wanted to make Gretta's baby food. I figured out how much we would be saving if I made it myself and I got really excited really fast!!:) I cannot express how much I LOVE to make baby food. I would consider it a hobby (running, photography, making baby food). I don't know why I enjoy it so much, but for some reason turning whole foods into a puree makes me very happy. I love the texture, colors, nutritional value, etc. I wish I could make it for EVERYONE!!:) I really get excited when I put some avocado or carrots in the blender, blend it up, and end up with a smooth and colorful food for Gretta to eat. I am getting excited just sitting here thinking about it!!:) I have also found a new use for the baby food I have been freezing, which leads us to use #3 for the blender....
3. SMOOTHIES!!:)- I recently changed Gretta's schedule, which means I had to change Marlee's schedule, too. I added a new "time" from 10:30-11:00 am everyday and I am very excited about it!! It is "SMOOTHIE TIME"!!:) I try to give Marlee fruits and vegetables on a regular basis, but sometimes I get stuck in a bananas and grapes routine...well, no longer, my friends!!:) Now I make Marlee a smoothie everyday that has bananas, strawberries, ice, water, a little bit of yogurt, AND I add some frozen baby food puree, too. For instance, I know from juicing, that carrot juice is VERY SWEET. That led me to try adding some of Gretta's frozen carrot puree to Marlee's smoothie to sweeten it up. She has no idea it's in there, and she LOVES it. I have also used Gretta's frozen Mango puree (because is gives Gretta a rash), and she loved that, too. Marlee drinks the entire smoothie and talks about it all of the time. She calls it a "jul-ee-us" because that's what she calls an Orange Julius. It makes me so excited to watch her drink all of those fruits and vegetables into her little body (and not even realize what she is doing)!!:)
Thanks for listening to me rave about my blender!!:) Maybe you could let me know what you use your blender for!!:)
5 comments:
Hey Erin! I loved reading this post! - And I agree that blenders are FANTASTIC! Thanks for the Orange Julius recipe! Do you know, I've NEVER had one! I'm gonna have to try it! One of the maid things I use my blender for is "aji." Its like a homemade Bolivian salsa. Just some tomatoes, jalapeno & a little salt. Delish! I usually make it when I make empanadas. (They are like little hot pockets with chicken & veggies in them & you always have them with aji. OK, now my mouth is watering!!! Love ya!
I would like to know how fast Marlee drinks her smoothies?
hmmm, i have an idea.
a)you love making baby food.
+
b)gretta is almost too old for baby food
=
c)you make baby food for ruby!
good idea, eh?
i wanna try the orange julius. think it would work with rice or soy milk?? it sounds great!
Thanks for the recipes! Don't worry, I still make baby food for Bentley and I love it. I recently pureed 15 bean soup (without the seasonings it comes with). He loves it and it has a ton of protein!!
Post a Comment