My very generous and thoughtful in-laws bought me a mixer for birthing Gretta, their second grandchild!! I was SUPER EXCITED AND SURPRISED...I was not expecting that at all!!:) The funny thing is...that was 9 months ago. So, why am I writing about this now? Well, when I was reading the instruction book (9 months ago), it was hard not to notice the bright warning signs scattered throughout that read, "DO NOT USE IN AN OUTLET THAT IS NOT GROUNDED" (or something like that)...the reason that took the wind out of my sails is because we live in an older home that is not "grounded" (I'm not exactly sure what that means)...fortunately, my very handy father-in-law and Matt have been working to re-wire our house, but they had not gotten to the kitchen yet...UNTIL TODAY!!!:) So, here we are, 9 months later and I was finally able to use my mixer. It was definitely worth the wait!! I made chocolate chip cookies in half the time and with half the clean-up, and I am pretty sure they tasted better!! This is the beginning of a beautiful friendship!!:) Thanks so much, Gramma and Pop-Pop!!:)
this really is an amazing piece of machinery :)

No, I did not purposely try to dress like the mixer :)
mixin' it up!!:)
5 comments:
I have always wanted one of these. Maybe I can get one once I give birth to my 6th child. Wow, I could have had one in every color if I planned it right!
I told Philip the other day that I wanted a mixer, and he just kind of looked at me. O well. I need a Mr. and Mrs. D in my life! :)
So glad you finally got to use it! I haven't ever really wanted one, but to hear it took half the time to make cookies sounds worth it! You know how sometimes you want cookies but don't want to go to all the trouble of making them...
I am really wanting some of the cookies...melissa
Post a Comment