Monday night, per Dave and Melissa Cooper's suggestion/planning, we headed to the Greenville Zoo for "Boo in the Zoo"!! It is a non-scary Halloween event that the zoo hosts every year. We all packed a picnic dinner (which included a $5 footlong from Subway that was not $5...we ordered a turkey sub because we assumed that would be one of the $5 ones because it is so basic...well, we got to the window and the lady said "$7.42"...apparently, a $5 footlong includes bread, mayonnaise, and mustard...I was very disappointed that we paid that much for a yuck sandwich from Subway...I told Matt that if we were going to spend that kind of money we could have eaten somewhere we actually liked...needless to say he corrected me for my bad attitude about something as trivial as a sub...can you tell I was fired up?:) Anyway, back to "Boo in the Zoo"...we ate our picnic dinner at the awesome park outside the zoo and then we headed in for some "trick or treating". The kids each get a bag and then they have stations set up where people are passing out candy, toys, etc. Marlee LOVED it!!!:) She really enjoyed opening up her bag for people to drop candy in...she kept saying, "I need more cannies...I need more cannies". She also said, "Happy Halloween" a few times...it was very funny!!:) Thanks to the Coopers, I think we will make this an annual event for the Dragos. Thanks Dave, Melissa, Addisyn, Rob, Aaron, and Riley...we had a GREAT time!!:)

Marlee was a monkey and Gretta was her banana :)

I tried to coordinate our outfits...Matt said he would wear a brown jacket, which was good enough for me :)

Addisyn the cat and Marlee the monkey :)

Matt and Gretta

Our pre-Boo in the Zoo picnic
Marlee Monkey checking out what's in her bag...I think she thought it was too good to be true...all you have to do is open your bag and people put "cannies" in it :)
2 comments:
These are such great photos! Looks like you had a great time!
The Subway event would of fired me up too! Must just be in Greenville I did the samething at the Beach and I got all the fixins that has been a while maybe they changed the rules. Well, at least we know that next year you will have a yummy feast! Hope you are all doing well! I love the banana costume!
Cute kids! You should have convinced Matt to come as a character. ;)
Post a Comment