Sunday, October 26, 2008

Spinx Runfest 2008

Yesterday I ran my first 5k!!! I am soooooooo excited...I LOVED IT!!! I have tried off and on all of my life to get into running, but it has never clicked until now. I really, really enjoy it, and I had a BLAST at the 5k. I am going to post more about it later, but for now, here are a few links to some pictures that were taken by a photographer for the Greenville News...

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=BS&Date=20081025&Category=YOURUPSTATE05&ArtNo=810250804&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=79
You can see Meredith and I in this one...you can also see Dave (#1622) and his brother, Rob (#1624)

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=BS&Date=20081025&Category=YOURUPSTATE05&ArtNo=810250804&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=80
Rob (#1624), Melissa (#1623), Steve, Melissa's brother-in-law (red shirt), Matt (my wonderful husband) in front of Steve

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=BS&Date=20081025&Category=YOURUPSTATE05&ArtNo=810250804&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=81
Rob (1624), Me (1667), Nikki (beside me in the long sleeve blue shirt __34)

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=BS&Date=20081025&Category=YOURUPSTATE05&ArtNo=810250805&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=68
Melissa Cooper (pink shirt), who happens to be the person responsible for my new excitement for running and who also happened to get 3rd place for the 25-29 year old category...woo-hoo, MELISSA!!! :)

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=BS&Date=20081025&Category=YOURUPSTATE05&ArtNo=810250805&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=90
Meredith coming into the finish line

Check these pictures out and stay tuned for some more Spinx Runfest Mania!!:)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Congrats on the race Erin. You all did great. I think Nikki is in a few of those pictures. Is she wearing a blue shirt and close to you?