Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My first 5k, cont'd.

Ok, so I know everyone is probably sick of hearing about the 5k, but I just have to keep talking about it, because I am so excited. I REALLY, REALLY enjoyed it...I cannot wait until the Reindeer Run in December!! I am officially addicted to running...not in a "I have to run all of the time" kind of way, but in a "I really enjoy it" kind of way!!:) I also love the fact that Matt enjoys it, too. This is really the first time we have had a hobby that we both like!! Now, we just need to get a jogging stroller, so we can go together!!:) Here are a few more pictures from the 5k and the results for the people we ran it with (friends from church). We had a great time everybody...thanks again Melissa!!:)

*The number on the left is the overall rank for men/women and the number on the right is the amount of time it took to complete the 5k...

20 Matt Drago 21:19
128 Steve Cooper 27:21
31 Dave Cooper 21:59
94 Rob Cooper 25:30
_________________________________________________
18 Melissa Cooper 24:58 (3rd place among 25-29 yr. olds)
90 Meredith Johnson 29:13
342 Marsha Hammet 46:21
94 Susanna Johnson 29:26
249 Nikki Roberts 35:43
35 Erin Cunningham 26:27
78 Erin Drago 28:45

Matt, Me, and Meredith pre-race

Matt after crossing the finish line

Melissa after crossing the finish line-I love this picture...you really worked hard, Melissa!!:)

Dave coming up the stairs after finishing

Me coming accross the finish line with my arms in the air...Meredith asked me why I did that, and I said because I was really excited!! I have never been able to run and I have tried many times over the years, so this was a really big deal for me...woo-hoo!!:)

Melissa and I after we finished

Me

Nikki after finishing...great job, Nikki!!:)

I am really proud of Matt!! He just started training about 2 months ago, and I think he did great!!

Marlee giving me a post-race snack...Gretta's just hanging out wearing big sister's hat

Erin C., Erin D., and Meredith J.-one of these things is not like the others!:)

Meredith, my mom, and me (and Gretta)-thanks for coming to watch us, Granna

Meredith, Melissa, and me...Melissa did GREAT!!!:) 18th place out of all of the women is FANTASTIC...and she's been training on a treadmill!!!

the Dragos (minus Marlee)
We plan to run the Reindeer Run in Anderson on December 13. The route goes right in front of Meredith's house. The cost is $20 and you get a long-sleeved t-shirt. Is anyone interested? :)

No comments: