So it is official...Gretta rolled over for the first time...woo-hoo!!:) It was last Thursday, Oct. 2. First of all, I will tell you that I have been waiting for her to turn over since she was 3 months old. I was convinced that I had stifled her development because she pretty much sits in her swing or bouncer seat all day long. I call that "second child syndrome"!!:) So, a month or so ago, I decided that I would start putting her on the floor for 45 minutes every day, after she eats at 4. This is the only time she is safe from Marlee. I let her stay in there one day after Marlee woke up from her nap, and I went in the living room and Marlee was sitting on Gretta like she was riding a horse...oh my!!:) Anyway, so I have been letting her have a little bit of floor time for a month or so, but she hasn't rolled over yet. Marlee rolled over at 3 1/2 months, so I was really beginning to get a little concerned...well, it finally happened. Now, here is the second part of the story. I have been training to run my first 5k. I have always hated running, but my good friend, Melissa, got me and some others motivated to run a 5k, and now I LOVE RUNNING!! I really think it's an addiction. So, last Thursday, I left to go run at about 5 pm and as soon as I pulled into the parking lot of the track, Matt called, and guess what...Gretta rolled over!!! I couldn't believe it!! I missed it!! I am glad Matt got to see it...and Marlee, too. Matt said Marlee was VERY excited!! As a matter of fact, Marlee rolls Gretta over now...it's kind of funny!!:) Here is a picture of Gretta after her very first roll... 
Here is Marlee congratulating Gretta...
Gretta rolled over for the first time at 4 1/2 months. I think I'm going to blame the lateness on her fatness...that's a lot of meat to flip over!!:)
No comments:
Post a Comment