"Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior, not malicious gossips nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good, so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored." (Titus 2:3-5)I have had a quiet day at home today, and a few minutes ago, as I was washing dishes, God graciously reminded me why...because I have benefited TREMENDOUSLY from the "older women" in my life. As a young mother, I have A LOT to learn. Every day is a new adventure with new questions, conerns, and problems. Often times, it can get overwhelming and frustrating. However, these emotions have been avoided more times than not, because of the godly counsel I have received from "older women" in my church and life. As I think about today, I can name several situations where this counsel has allowed order and peace in my home. For instance, Marlee is officially potty trained because of some advice I received from a friend from church. Our daily schedule has purpose because of some wisdom I gained from another experienced mother in my church. I am so GRATEFUL that I am on the receiving end of such godly wisdom. I know that if I face a tough issue, there are several women in my church that I can call or e-mail, and they will humbly share with me experiences that are very likely to provide guidance for my current situation. I am truly thankful to GOD for bringing these women into my life...what a HUGE BLESSING!!:) As they work hard to serve their husbands and families, I am observing, and benefiting more than they could ever know!! My hope is that one day God will use me in the same way he has used these "older women"!!:) God is so faithful and I am so thankful!!:)
No comments:
Post a Comment